CPLC Parenting Arizona helps prevent child abuse by providing family support services statewide through prevention, intervention and treatment programs. These services promote strong families by empowering parents to thrive, creating communities where parents have the skills to raise healthy and successful children.
promoting strong families and improving the lives of children by empowering parents to thrive.
A community where parents have the skills to raise healthy and successful children.
CPLC Parenting Arizona, was founded in 1977, as a child abuse prevention agency that provides family support services across Arizona. In 2007, it was acquired by Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC) and became CPLC Parenting Arizona.
Through an extensive history of preventing child abuse in Arizona through its various programs and services, CPLC Parenting Arizona has been a leader in providing Arizona’s families the tools and techniques they need to raise healthy and successful children.
CPLC Parenting Arizona 2014 highlights:
- Provided programs & services in Maricopa, Coconino and Navajo counties; in both Navajo & Hopi Nations
- Reached 50,816 individuals through direct services and outreach, 32% increase from previous year
- Provided programs & services through 65 Nationally/Internationally certified professional staff
- Provided programs & services through its numerous evidence based curricula such as Parents as Teachers, Triple P, Active Parenting and Nurturing Parenting
- Provided programs & services through extensive statewide collaborative efforts with partner agencies such as First Things First, Healthy Families, Department of Child Safety, and Governor’s Office of Youth,Faith, and Family
- Provided programs & services through more than 5000 volunteer hours annually
Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC):
As the largest Community Development Corporation in Arizona, Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC) provides integrated group programs and services in economic development, education, health and human services, and housing. Focused on individuals and families with low or moderate income levels, CPLC compliments its service offerings with cultural and linguistic competencies.
Through strategic and manageable growth, CPLC’s annual revenues have experienced double digit growth. CPLC maintains office and/or program sites in Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico serving more than 200,000 individuals annually.